Build a Waterbed
Choosing between a Hardside and Softside Waterbed
The original waterbed was a hardsided waterbed, a simple box frame to contain the water mattress. Waterbeds have evolved to softside waterbeds with many improvements.
Waterbeds and Prices
The problem with buying online is that you will not see what you will get for your money. A picture of a high quality water bed looks the same as a picture of a cheap bed. There are several qualities of waterbeds for sale. Generally online retailers without waterbeds on display will sell cheap waterbeds at low prices because nine times out of ten internet surfers are looking for the lowest price. Those retailers with a High Street shop will offer higher quality as they rely on word of mouth from satisfied customers. Selling a better quality product obviously means a higher price.
- Waterbed Conditioner. Should be added to the water every six months to eliminate bacteria and extend the life of the waterbed mattress.
- Waterbed Mattress. The component that gives the support and comfort. We offer two qualities, Deluxe and Standard. With only £50 difference the standard quality maybe a false economy.
- Waterbed Safety Liner. Waterbed mattresses will not last forever. When the mattress reaches the end of its life the vinyl will become brittle and may leak. This is no problem because the water will be contained in the safety liner.
- Waterbed Frames. For hardsided waterbeds are essentially a box designed to incorporate the mattress, liner and heater. To make the frame a feature with nice headboard and even footboard we have a range of handmade pine, painted and upholstered surrounds.
- Waterbed Washable Covers. Essential to create an air gap between you and the mattress. For softsided waterbeds the thick luxury quilted cover will zip off to go in the wash. The old type frame bed has a mattress protector with corner pockets which are not so easy to fit. A spare is always a good idea for hygiene, one on the bed and one in the wash.
- Waterbed sheets. Despite the traditional British housewife attitude to cotton sheets ours are more comfortable and practical. Made in Germany, 97% cotton. 3% elastan to allow the fabric to stretch. A fully elasticated skirt stays snug all night. Not cheap but worth it!
- Waterbed manufacturers. High & Dry Manufacturing Ltd have a factory in Chichester, West Sussex and a retail shop in Portsmouth and Southsea, Hampshire covering the UK and worldwide. High quality, low factory prices and excellent service have ensured our success through customer recommendation.
- Why buy a waterbed? If you have never slept on a waterbed your imagination and the myths (created by people who have never tried one) are your worst enemies. Those that have previously had one know better and will always choose the bed that offers the very best of everything.
At High & Dry Waterbeds you can visit our retail shop in Portsmouth, Hampshire or our factory showroom in Chichester, West Sussex. If you are considering buying from us online we show our high quality and cheap waterbed ranges of beds and waterbed mattresses which are all sold at our low factory prices.